Vat Savitri Purnima Vrat 2018
The significance of Purnima is supreme in Hindu religion. It is regarded as a highly auspicious day by Hindu devotees across India. Purnima is the day when moon shines in its full glory, this is why this day is also known as Full Moon Day. According to Hindu Calendar, there are 12 Purnimas in a year for twelve months and each of these days is associated with a specific auspicious festival. Observing a Purnima fast on this night can be extremely beneficial for the devotees as it bestows happiness, prosperity and success on them.
Please Read: Online Birth Chart
Purnima Vrat Vidhi
Every Purnima Vrat is associated with Lord Vishnu, especially his avatar Lord Satyanarayan according to hindu vedic astrology. Devotees who observe this fast offer their prayers to Lord Satyanarayan and recite Satyanarayan Katha to fulfill all their desires and wishes. Here is the Purnima Vrat Vidhi you should follow while observing this fast to get the maximum benefits.
- Purnima Vrat commences with sunrise and ends with the sighting of the moon in the night.
- Before starting the Purnima Fast, one should take a dip in the sacred river and if that is not possible, then mix some gangajal in water and take a bath with that.
- After this, take the vow (Sankalp) to complete the fast
- Clean your Puja Ghar and decorate your entrance with Mango Leaves
- Offer your prayers to Lord Ganesha first.
- Then offer your prayers to Lord Satyanarayan and perform the Puja with all the customs and rituals prescribed.
- Recite the Purnima Vrat Story or Lord Satyanarayan Katha
- Conclude the Puja with Aarti
- During the Vrat, completely abstain from eating cereals, salt and pulses. If you cannot observe a strict fast without taking even water, then you can have food and milk.
- You can break the fast after sighting the moon and offering your prayers to the moon.
Read About: Free Kundali Matching for Marriage
Following this Vrat Vidhi strictly and by following all the customs and rituals will bless the devotees with happiness, success, prosperity, health and wealth.
Purnima Vrat Story
Purnima Vrat Katha is basically the Katha of Lord Satyanarayan which should be recited by those who observe a fast on this day. Satyanarayan Katha comprises of 5 Chapters or Adhyayas. Narration or recital of this Katha can fulfill all your desires and bless you with a happy and successful life.
Please Read: Hindu Vedic Astrology