In Hindu calendar, each Purnima is related to a significant festival month on month. Thus, this day marks the celebration of 12 festivities each year. Purnima is also known as the full moon day as the moon shines in its complete glory on this night. Observing a Purnima Vrat on this day can bestow many benefits on the devotee.
Also Read: Poornima Vrat Vidhi Katha
- Many divine beings were born on the Purnima day like Subrahmanya, Dattatreya and Buddha. The main Avatars of Lord Vishnu specifically the Matsya Avatar, was incarnated on this day.
- According to a study, on the arrival of Purnima, the gravitational powers of the earth are at their maximum. This has a positive effect on people who observe Purnima Vrat as it stabilizes the different metabolic procedures.
- It enhances the energy of an individual.
- It removes gastric issues like acidity and an establishes an incredible amount of harmony between the body and mind.
- Fasting helps in detoxification of the body and the mind and also enables one to relax and rejuvenate.
- With the pujas and prayers that are done on the day, Purnima vrat refreshes and recharges the entire human system
- It bestows prosperity, success and happiness on the devotees.
- Purnima Vrat gives an individual the strength to control their emotions as well as their anger making them mentally more stable.
- Performing a Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap along with the fast enables the devotees to fulfill all their aspirations.
Read About: What is Astrology
Importance of Satyanarayan Vrat:
Performing Satyanarayan Vrat on Purnima day is considered very auspicious. Satyanarayan Vrat is a kind of thanksgiving ritual to Lord Vishnu for all those blessings received.
Check About: Online Hindu Panchangam Tithi
On the day of vrat, an individual cleans the house, bedeck the entrance of their home with mango leaves and decorate their Puja Ghar. In the temple, an icon or picture of Lord Satyanarayana is installed and adorned with cinnabar, sandal paste, Kumkum, Garlands and Tulsi.
This puja also consists of seeking the blessings of Lord Ganesha along with continuous chants of Vishnu Sahasranama.
Also Read: Amavasya Vrat Dates and Timings
The offering consists of foods, dry fruits and nuts, assortment rice dishes, betel leaves and nuts, and milk porridge with saffron. During the puja, Satyanarayan Vrat Katha is recited. The importance of the Katha lies in the fact that the one who recites it with supreme devotion is blessed with loads of happiness, success, good health and prosperity.
Know all about Purnima Vrat dates and Purnima Vrat Vidhi in detail at mPanchang.