What is Mangal Dosh?
As per ancient Indian Astrology, Mangal Dosh is considered to be one of the most feared and dreaded dosh in the Kundali. The other names of this Dosha are Angaraka Dosha, Kuja or a Bhom Dosha. It is said that the person who has this dosha in the Kundali, suffers a lot through various misfortunes. The person suffering from the Mangal dosh in Kundali is called as a Manglik.
Also Read This: 12 Astrology Zodiac Sign & Their Dates
Planet Mars, i.e. Mangal, is the god of war and can have some severe effects on married life. There are frequent fights, disagreements, and disharmony in the relations if a person is Manglik. At the extreme, it may even lead to the death of the partner as well. Mangliks are believed to be very strong, disciplined & polite and considering these personality traits which are extreme; it is said that only Mangliks can adjust with a Manglik.
Both males and females can suffer from Mangal Dosh and can have a fiery temper. The other adverse effects are conflicts, disasters, intolerance, etc. Also, it is widely believed that those who mistreat their partners in past life may get Mangal Dosh in their next life.
Check Out: Kundali Matching & Gun Milan for Marriage
Cause of Mangal Dosh
As per the Indian Vedic Astrology, the reason of the existence of Mangal Dosh in Kundali is because of the planetary position of Mars. If Mars is placed in 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th and 12th house in the horoscope chart of an individual, then the native is said to have a Mangal Dosha. This dosha can cause a lot of turbulence in the married life of the affected person and considered to be inauspicious.
Remedies for Mangal Dosha
Remedies to reduce the bad effects of Mangal Dosha include :
- One of the first remedies is to get two Mangliks married because two negatives become positives and through this marriage, all the adverse effects are nullified.
- Kumbh vivah is a popular remedy followed by the people to remove Mangal Dosha. In this remedy, the Manglik person is made to marry a Banana or a Banyan tree first. Alternatively, the Manglik person can also marry a silver or gold idol of Lord Vishnu to get rid of Mangal Dosh. A popular Bollywood actress is an example of this remedy when she was made to marry a tree first and then went on to marry her would be husband (Another actor!).
- It is also said that keeping a fast every Tuesday is an effective solution but care should be taken that only Toor daal should be eaten to break the fast.
- There are specific mantras like Gayatri Mantra that should be recited at least 108 times every day. Another mantra is Mangal Mantra or the Navgraha Mantra which should be recited. Recital of Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap and Hanuman Chalisa is also recommended. All these Mantras are believed to reduce the Mangal Dosha.
- The affected person should also visit the Navagraha temples and perform prayers. In order to tone down the malicious effect of the planet Mars, food like white pieces of bread, lentil dal & red stones should be offered.
- Wearing a Gemstone is another popular remedy. Noted astrologers advise that a red coral stone should be worn in a gold ring on the right hand’s ring finger for Mangal Dosha.
- It is also believed that the Manglik person should get married after the age of 28 as adverse effects of Mangal Dosha reduce after this age.
- The affected person should feed the birds with some sweets and worship the banyan tree with some sweet milk.
- One should keep elephant teeth or ivory teeth at home.
- Red clothes should be donated to the workers who work with sharp iron objects.
- Mangal Nath temple in the sacred city of Ujjain is considered to be very auspicious, and it is said that performing puja there reduces the effects of Mangal Dosha.
- In the temple area of your house, the native should keep a Ganesh idol which should be orange in color and worship it daily by offering prayers.
- The Mangliks should drink and eat in silver utensils, sleep on the skin of a deer and offer sindoor to the Lord Hanuman. Also, devotees should throw honey and Masoor daal in the free-flowing water.
Are You Manglik? Find it out by using the most accurate Mangal Dosha Calculator.
Recommended Post: World Blood Donor Day