Rahu and Ketu. Two words that you must have heard at least once if you have even the slightest of belief in astrology. Rahu and Ketu dosha are the most famous Kundali dosha known in astrology, which can wreak havoc in anyone’s life.
Rahu and Ketu are the two shadow planets which do not have a fixed physical shape, so they are practically just two imaginary in the sky. As a result of their shady nature, they effect on the emotional level. They are generally seen as malefic planets and its very rare for them to be in the beneficial position in a person’s birth chart.
Rahu Ketu Dosha
According to ancient Hindu Mythology, a demon or asura, disguised as devas, came and joined the devas as they were consuming the ‘Amrit’- a nectar that caused devas to be immortal. The Sun and The Moon recognised the demon and informed Lord Vishnu about it. Lord Vishnu chopped of his head with the Sudarshan Chakra, ultimately dividing the demon into two parts. Unfortunately the demon had consumed ample nectar to be immortal. This is how the two shadow planets came into existence as Rahu and Ketu. The head part was called as Rahu and the lower part was called as Ketu. Ever since this incident, Rahu and Ketu are enemies of the Sun and the Moon.
These two planets in malefic state can cause a lot of trouble and inconvenience if they are present in your Kundali. Rahu is such a sinister planet that astrologers recommend avoiding auspicious activities during the Rahu Kaal Muhurat
Rahu Dosha occurs in one’s Kundali when, each of the planets in your chart come in between Rahu, the snake’s head, and Ketu, the dragon’s tail. The presence of Rahu Dosha has adverse impacts on each of the planets in your chart which are surrounded by the serpent and lose all their positive effects to a great extent which makes an individual highly unlucky. Troubles surround them and several important occasions/events of their life are delayed and almost every aspect of their life is adversely affected. It is believed that if a person is born with Rahu Dosha, they suffer pain and agony for the entire duration of their life.
Vedic Astrology describes certain astrological remedies for Rahu and Ketu dosha to please Rahu and Ketu. Several simple Rahu Ketu remedies at home can guide you on how to remove Rahu Ketu dosha and how to make Rahu favourable.
Following these Rahu Ketu dosha remedies at home will give you positive outcomes and will help you understand how to please Rahu and Ketu.
Impact Of Rahu And Ketu On One’s Life
Rahu mainly represents luxury and negative impacts of Rahu cause one to suffer from mental illness and stress, major losses, death in the family, sudden changes in life and legal hassles. Rahu, if placed positively in the Kundali, can endow fame and courage. However, in malefic state, it can also cause problems related to leprosy, skin diseases and breathing problems etc.
Ketu in the unfavourable position in Kundali, causes ear problems, brain disorders and lung problems. Ketu as a planet represents ego, pride, unethical actions, poor company and sufferings.
Rahu and Ketu dosha can uproot a person’s life entirely. Hence, it is of utmost importance that Rahu Ketu dosha remedies are followed for reducing the ill effects of Rahu and Ketu.
Rahu-Ketu transit in one’s zodiac impacts their life for a period of eighteen months. This transit affects the natives of all Zodiac signs. However, remedies for Rahu-Ketu transit are a little different from the remedies for Rahu-Ketu dosha.
Home Remedies For Rahu Ketu Dosh
There are several remedies that one can do at their home to reduce or nullify the effect of Rahu Ketu Dosha.
- You should offer sweets to orphans and homeless children to diminish the negativity of Ketu.
- You need to chant Shiv Panchakshar mantra “Om Namah Shivaya” for 108 times daily.
- You should offer belpatra, fruits, raw milk and water to Shivling in Lord Shiva temple.
- One can also recite Dosh nivaran mantra 108 times regularly.
- You should frequently seek blessings of Lord Shiva. 10. Visit a nearby Lord Shiva temple daily and offer water.
- You can wear or keep a nivaran yantra or rudraksha mala.
- You can perform the Naga puja and chant specific mantras for 21 consecutive days.
- Wear a nivaran ring made of silver.
- You can perform Rudra Abhishek.
- You may offer a cobra or Naga Snake made of copper or gold to any Lord Shiva temple.
- You can perform Kala Sarpa Nivarana puja in Srikalahasti temple, Andhra Pradesh. There are other famous temples where these kinds of pujas can be done.
- Eat in the kitchen as often as possible.
- Perform Jaap for Rahu and Ketu individually.
- Red and coral colors should be avoided, particularly in clothing and jewelry.
- Donating monochrome plaid blankets to the needy, homeless and underprivileged is one of the most effective remedies for Rahu & Ketu dosha.
- Giving mustard oil works wonders to reverse the malefic effect.
- If someone is born under the malefic influence of Ketu should also take care of dogs and provide shelter to street dogs.
- You shouldn’t wear black clothes.
- Yellow and white are considered two favorable colors for Ketu.
Performing these simple remedies for Rahu Ketu dosha at home can provide great benefits to people who have Rahu and Ketu in the malefic state in their Kundali.